They say don't judge a book by it's cover. They say beauty is only skin deep. They say it's what's on the inside that counts. Well, if all those are true, our nice new kitchen and bathroom would help mask our HIDEOUS landscaping.
But, alas, with grandparents coming over this Sunday for Max's 9th birthday party...we had to take matters into our own hands. And with Shelly loaded up with mulch and flowers, I figured what better time to give you a few of my local favorites for brightening up your outside.
5. The Big Box Stores Yeah, I know, shop local, and normally we always do (if Taylor's Hardware in Belmar had frequent flyer miles). But, like for anything else, if you need some mulch, flowers, bushes, etc...and also toilet...the big box stores have you covered.
4. LB Forcellati & Sons Right around the corner from our lovely neighborhood of West Belmar is an oasis on the highway. Indoor and outdoor, Forcellati & Sons does not dissapoint. Check them out HERE!
3. Barlow's We found Barlow's on Sea Girt Ave years ago when Arianna had a project about local soil and horticulture. I had no idea where to turn for advice about loamy soil, or what loamy soil even was...but we found our answers here! We also grabbed some super sweet flowering plum trees we planted together that night! Their nursery is expansive, and super convenient for a beach day return trip! Check Barlow's out HERE!
2. Lanza's I would be completely remiss if I didn't mention one of our favorite places to pass by on New Bedford Road, Lanza's! This place is the complete opposite of a big box store, and really gives you a feel for what rural Wall Township must have looked like 100 years ago. What I truly love about Lanza's is their roadside display on flat carts, they always make you smile....and their top notch social media! Are you following them on Facebook? If not, you should! Follow Lanza's Nursery on Facebook Here!
1. Gasko's Family Farm This. Place. Is. Huge. There is quite possibly no way to describe how large this nursery is without going. Do not go on a weekend...it's packed. Heck, it's packed all week long. Their prices can't be beat, especially handy if you are redoing an entire outdoor landscape for a budget. They do not accept credit or debit, but do accept cash and check. For more info on Gasko's in Monroe NJ, check them out HERE!
Alright, these flowers aren't going to install themselves. Until next time,
Chris & Nikki
Your Favorite Jersey Shore Real Estate Agents